We have all thought of flying in the skies by ourselves, as kids and as adults! Several times in our life, haven’t we?!
Imagine flying, up above, and watching the green mountains, waterfalls, lakes and birds!
Doesn’t it seem like a dream to you?
Well, it’s time you fulfill it right away. If you are someone looking for a fantastic paragliding adventure in Maharashtra, here’s everything you need to know about Kamshet paragliding.
There are many paragliding spots across India. Some famous names include Bir Billing, Manali, Yelagiri, Sanasar, Nainital, etc. Kamshet is also one of the best paragliding locations in India. It is also one of the two paragliding locations in Maharashtra, the other being Panchgani.
Kamshet is a simple village. It is spread across 600 acres and is at an elevation of 670 m in the Mawal Taluka of Maharashtra. Located 49 km from the center of Pune city and about 100 km from Mumbai, Kamshet is the top paragliding location in Maharashtra. It is naturally decorated with a beautiful ambiance of the Sahyadri ranges, western ghats, waterfalls, and rich forest covers. Paragliding in Kamshet was started in the year 1997 under the name Nirvana adventures by Sanjay and Astrid Rao. Later, this remote location changed forever, becoming one of the most-visited adventure places in Maharashtra.
There are paragliding options in Kamshet to choose from depending on your proficiency level in the sport, physical and mental fitness. Here’s a guide on understanding the types of paragliding, its time duration, costs, etc.
- Joy Tandem- This is one of the most famous paragliding rides. It is a beginner-friendly ride. It allows you to sit back and enjoy the beauty of the skies and nature from up above. This ride doesn’t demand any multi-tasking or skills and hence is opted for by first-timers.
- Instructional Tandem- This is a guided paragliding ride where you are accompanied by a trained guide. You are instructed and guided to take action with the controls you have with you. It is safer and best for moderately experienced paragliders.
- Acro Tandem- This is a paragliding ride for experienced paragliders. It is probably the most adventurous experience you would ever have! It includes advanced moves and is a guided ride. Acro Tandem includes complex moves like spirals, SAT, wing over, ridge dancing, etc.
|INR 3000 per person
|INR 3500 per person
|INR 4000 per person
|INR 4000 per person
|INR 6000 per person
|INR 6000 per person
It is to be noted that Kamshet paragliding booking needs to be done at least a day prior. Also, you may expect a rush in peak seasons and so, it is a good idea to book your rides as early as possible. Usually, you need to make an advance payment to book your ride. The balance payment can be done on the day of the flight. The paragliding ride prices are exclusive of taxes and an extra 18% GST will be applicable on the bill. Before you book, it is recommended to check the Kamshet paragliding reviews of the service provider. The Kamshet paragliding cost doesn’t vary much with respect to the service providers but varies with duration, type and difficulty.
You can book your Kamshet paragliding rides online on Kamshet Paragliding, Paragliding Mantra, Skying Adventure, etc. depending on availability and affordability. You can also enquire on the Kamshet paragliding contact number 070380 71071 or request booking by sending an email to email@example.com.
Below is a comparison of different companies based on their certifications and their experience.
|Experience of Pilots
|Load Tested Paragliding Equipment
- In winters: The Kamshet paragliding meeting point in winters is near Hotel Rangoli, Kamshet and the paragliding starting point is Tower Hill, Kamshet
- In summers: The Kamshet paragliding meeting point the starting point in summers is the Pawna Lake, Kamshet
From Pune: You can travel by Pune local trains running at an hour’s frequency and take a drop-off at Kamshet station. From the Kamshet station, you can take a local auto and reach the Kamshet paragliding site.
|Mode of Travel
|2- 2.5 hours
|(a)Ma-na-pa to Nigdi (b) Nigdi to Vadgaon Maval (a) 123, 337, 376, 127 (b) 305, 368, 127
|Local trains- 01560, 01566, 01568, 01572, 05174, 01576, 01558
|U Cabs, Soham Travels, Sainath Cab
|Own vehicle + fuel
From Mumbai: If you are traveling from Mumbai, you can choose to travel by Shirdi Fast Pass which runs every day from Mumbai to Kamshet. Apart from that, you can also choose to self-drive by car or hire a cab from Mumbai to Kamshet.
|Mode of Travel
|Dadar to PCMC- AC Shivneri + local bus Nigdi to Vadgaon Maval 305, 368, 127
|2- 4 hours
|Parel-Karjat- Khopoli + local transport till Kamshet
|₹600 – ₹800
|Ola Cabs, Armaani Travels
|₹3000 – ₹3500
|Own vehicle + fuel
|₹1000 – ₹3000
It is recommended to wear comfortable and full clothes for paragliding. You may choose to wear full-length t-shirts and trousers along with sunglasses. If you wish to, you can also fit a camera in your outfit as asked by the guides or the safety squads. You will also need to wear a pair of comfortable running shoes since you will have to run on an uneven track to take the flight. Do not forget or ignore wearing any safety measures recommended by the guides.
It is recommended not to have heavy meals or foods rich in carbs, oil and spices two hours before the flight. Consider eating lighter food with only a moderate amount of water. If you have motion sickness, you are recommended to visit your family physician for a prescription of medicines. You can consume the prescribed medications before the flight as recommended.
The best time to go for a paragliding adventure in Kamshet is right after the monsoon season. Kamshet paragliding in monsoon is restricted for safety purposes. However, the weather is perfect for paragliding during winter and summer. So, the best time for paragliding in Kamshet is from the month of October to May. A clearer climate offers an exceptional paragliding experience. The adventures are closed in case of any extreme climatic conditions throughout the year.
Though any time of the day is suitable for paragliding in the mentioned seasons, starting off in the morning before 10 am is recommended for the best experience.
Weather or not it is your first time, there are a few things you must consider remembering while paragliding.
- First Time: If you are going to experience paragliding for the first time. It is recommended to take up Instructional Tandem paragliding. With it, you will be able to take a guided adventure, where a professional will fly with you. It is a definite safe and stress-free option to choose for the first-time experience.
- Pre-requisites: Make sure to check if you and/or the guide are well-equipped with ram air airfoil, the harness, variometer, radio, safety helmet, etc.
- License: It is necessary to know that there is no requirement of any license to fly a paraglider.
- Age Limit: The minimum age required for paragliding is 14 years and the maximum is 65 in India.
- Weight Range: For solo paragliders, the weight range is 15 kg to 95 kg in India. In the case of tandem paragliding, the weight range allowed is up to 110-120 kg.
- Time Limit: You will be able to paraglide between 10- 20 minutes depending on the type of paragliding you choose
- Who cannot paraglide: The pregnant, old age people and patients of Asthama, heart diseases, blood pressure, etc. cannot fly.
First and foremost, PARAGLIDING! You definitely shouldn’t miss having a paragliding experience in Kamshet. But, here is a list of things to do in Kamshet that are equally mesmerising! Check out the best things to do in Kamshet:
Kamshet is a place full of picturesque nature amidst mountains and valleys. You will be amazed to find some adventurous trekking spots near Kamshet. Consider trekking at forts like Tikona, Lohagad, Visapur, Purandar, Sinhagad, etc. It is a stunning experience filled with adventure, and peace that will refresh you from within. You shouldn’t miss trekking in Kamshet if you are travelling with your friends or family.
- Cave Exploration
If history or archaeology fascinates you, you shouldn’t miss visiting the ancient Karla Bhaje caves in Kamshet. Soak yourself in the brilliance of art and culture with the abundance of rock carvings, statues and idols. Being around these caves is to learn the teachings of lord Buddha in the calmness of nature.
Kamshet is known for its chain of small and big waterfalls, lush greenery, dense forests and adventurous mountains & hills. If you are visiting Kamshet by the end of the monsoon or at the beginning of winter, get ready to witness the brilliance of mother nature! You can enjoy walking treks or sightseeing tours at Bhairin caves, Uksan Lake, Bedse caves, Bhaje waterfalls, etc. Nature is indeed giving in Kamshet and you cannot have enough of it! It is also a great place for photography and to have a fun-filled day.
- Lakeside Camping
It can be one of the most calming and relaxing yet the most memorable experience of your Kamshet trip. On the banks of Pawna lake in Kamshet, you can make the most of tent camping. There are several Pawna lake camping options to choose from and you are promised to have a mesmerising experience. Don’t miss out on a bonfire night with barbeque amidst greenery, cool breezes, and tranquillity!
Life is either a daring adventure or nothing! So, is there even a point to give up on the adrenaline rush you got already? Would you miss a chance to paraglide high like a bird and pocket some of the exceptional memories of your life? Not to forget, the ticking-off of one adventure from your adventure bucket list 2022! Kamshet paragliding booking is just a click away!
It’s worth remembering that,
“Until you spread your wings, you have no idea how far you’ll fly!”
Yes, you can. If you are in perfect health and if you fulfil the health & fitness criteria of paragliding (as mentioned above), you surely can have a paragliding ride.
Yes. By taking an instructional tandem paragliding flight, you can fly along with a professional guide. The flight has a larger tandem wing that can carry two people at a time.
It is necessary to verify whether the paragliding instructor is certified and well-trained. You can do so by enquiring with the paragliding company. It is to be noted that, you do not get to choose the guides by yourself. But, the guides are well-trained and experienced with more than 100 flights per year. The paragliding guides and instructors are hence reliable and trustworthy.
Depending on the flying duration, and the type of paragliding, the rates vary. Usually, the rates start from INR 3000 per person on a weekday and range up to INR 3500 per person on a weekend.
Paragliding is an extreme sport, all things considered, you are in great hands with these pilots. All pilots are profoundly experienced and trained. They will fly only if the climate is just right, security is a key in paragliding.
Following is a list of security measures taken by the companies: Security shields, saddles, back affirmation, save parachutes, head defenders and careful pre-flight checks and pre-dispatch observation. You will be prompted before your flight, tune in to your pilot, when you are encouraged to run you should RUN, don’t sit down.
Some people may experience serious difficulties during paragliding due to fear, shock or heart issues. Other than that, accidents in paragliding are a result of adverse weather conditions. It may include turbulence in the air, reverse wind, closure of winds, or misaligned ropes.
Flying Nirvana, Kamshet with about 18 years of experience in the field of paragliding offers four courses. The elementary pilot course and the Club Pilot course for 2 days and 3 days each. These courses are designed to make you a proficient paraglider in a short span. A similar range of courses is also offered by Indus Paragliding, Mumbai with training and certifications.
Below are types of Courses offered:
- Beginner course: Introduction to paragliding. First step to becoming a pilot. Learn to fly under supervision of an instructor.
- Novice course: Level up your paragliding skills and become an independent pilot and learn to fly for hours.
- Certification course: Log more flying hours independently, and become an internationally certified pilot.
- Club Pilot – Certification course: All-in-one course. Learn to paraglide and become an independent internationally certified pilot.
Kamshet is known as the paragliders’ paradise of Maharashtra. With wonderful paragliding sites and training schools, Kamshet is no less than a flying hub. Kamshet is also known for its beautiful nature, trekking destinations and waterfalls.